Pages

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Book Sale!

My friend, Tara Ross, and I went to a "Friends of the Library" used book sale today. All books were a dollar or less! It was a madhouse and fairly picked-over (we should have gone last night for the preview sale...), but I found a few fun things. One is a children's dictionary with all kinds of good words and illustrations, and another has fantastic drawings of children's calisthenics!! The "Ring-A-Ring" one I mostly bought just for the cover, another I really only bought for a couple specific images inside, and yet another I only bought because I loved the endpapers so much! But for a dollar a piece, I guess I couldn't go wrong! Regardless, it was a fun trip out, and a chance to spend some time away from the house.

Also, last night I finished the final piece for my end of the collaborative. I just need to bind everything into a book and send it off to Pam! I'm extremely happy with this page- everything just seemed to work color-wise and composition-wise. Maybe when I get the project back, I'll have to frame this one for Riley's room...

While I was out with Tara, I picked up a sketchbook that is long and narrow (we took a side trip to Daniel Smith). It's 6" x 13 1/2". I really like the proportions. I think I'll start a new journal for myself (not about Riley) in it- I've missed doing "me" art. It's spiral bound, which I'm not crazy about, but I'll deal with it! I'll post photos once I've done something in it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful piece of art. I love everything in it. The colours, the composition, the shape, the typography. Wonderful! with whom was this a collab art project?

Corey said...

Thanks, Ramona! I've gone back and added a link in the post to a previous post which tells more about the collaborative!

Anonymous said...

Corey, what a beautiful hanging! Is that Riley? so sweet... I am a sucker for old books too, you did well considering it was the bottom of the pile...

Anonymous said...

thank you for adding the link. wow. the theme is really great. my favourites as well. motherhood & birds. how lovely. I am curious to see what the others will contribute!

lindaharre said...

corey.......this page is WONDERFUL!!!! you are right...it all went together perfectly! you are so creative. it is fun investigating your pieces. love the hand prints:)

Anonymous said...

What great finds, aren't library book sales wonderful! And the artwork is so beautiful