Pages

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What I've Been Up To...

I've been busy the last few days, with various things, so I haven't had time to do any art. But I thought I'd show some of the things I've been up to.

First, I've been working on our master bathroom. A few weeks ago, I had painted light blue stripes on the walls, but they were just way too bright. I just can't seem to pick out the right paint color from the swatch book, no matter how hard I try. I swear the color looked like a soft baby blue, but it came out almost glowing! Anyway, I have a good friend who does faux finishing for a living, so she came over yesterday and we applied an antiquing glaze over the whole wall to tone everything down. I think I'm pleased with the results. The finish itself is gorgeous, I'm just still not sure what I think about the stripes. Jason hates the stripes, so it makes me second-guess myself. Any opinions out there?

And I'm also not sure about the curtains. I'm trying this asymmetrical thing with them, something I've never done before. I just have the hardest time with curtains- I have absolutely no idea how to do anything other than basic curtains. So, it's still a work in progress. I'll keep you updated...

I also had a photo shoot with Riley out in the sun a couple days ago. I got some pretty nice shots- it helps that he's turning out to be such a photogenic little boy! Here are some of my favorites.

So there's a touch of what I've been doing. I'm in the mood to do some art, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to- this week I've got something scheduled every day (dr.'s appointments, etc.), so that makes it more difficult.

Oh, and I almost forgot! I told Kathleen Welsh that I'd put a referral in for her blog. Check out the nude paintings in this post- they're gorgeous!

3 comments:

Chelsae said...

I like the stripes. They're very elegant, and regal looking. Especially with the jabot window treatment.

Your photographs are lovely! I love the one of Riley looking into the camera both laying on back, and on belly! VERY adorable!

kathy welsh said...

Hey, Corey, thanks for the mention!

I like the stripes on your bathroom walls! I like the blue. And blue is not usually my color for walls. It sounds like you're going to live with it and see how you feel about it in a few days or weeks and that's always worked well for me.

And, ADORABLE baby pics!!

Gina said...

I really like the bathroom! Your baby is one of the most beautiful babies ever and what stunning photos in their own right, wow.