Pages

Friday, June 02, 2006

Father's Day Art

We're leaving for a vacation in Yellowstone in a week, and will be driving back home on Father's Day, so I need to get Riley's present for his Daddy ready before then. I had originally intended to do something with a mold of his handprints, and I bought a kit. Boy, was that a mistake-what a mess! Not something you can do with a seven-month old! So Dad will have to settle for a two-dimensional piece of art instead.

I did manage to get Riley's painted handprint on this piece though, and it's just as cute! I also used photos of the two of them and wrote out a list of fun things they share. It turned out nicely I think. And I was able to use my new scanner-finally a piece of art that worked in it!


Cori has asked how my files are organized (from yesterday's post). That's a great question, and one that I'd love to know about another artist as well. No time now, but for my next post, I'll give you all the scoop!

3 comments:

donna joy said...

Just an FYI on yellowstone-my friend was there last wk and this is what she said (We've been playing in the snow some lately! It SNOWED all day on Fri,
Sat, Sun of Memorial day weekend at Yellowstone - and the following
Mon-Tues as well - too cold to get out and do much. The afternoon highs
were just 36 degress - brrr-) thought you might like to know~donna

Rosa said...

Lovely as always. Your family is so lucky to have you in their llives.

Anonymous said...

I love your pages, and just came to see your blog. I think you could do a book on "special occation collages", because I have not seen such a book around... A chapter on fathers day, a chapter on spring, easter, christmas, birthdays... And talk about book projects as gifts and collages as celebrations.. hmmm... now when I think about it's a great idea!