Pages

Monday, July 17, 2006

Feeling Better? Maybe?

Well, I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I think I'm feeling a little better. I haven't taken one nap today (and until now, I've been taking 2-3 a day!). It's hard to tell though, because I've now caught a bit of a cold, but it does seem like behind the cold, I'm feeling less exhausted and nauseous. And honestly, I need the break. I seriously feel like I'm losing my mind lately with all this dizziness and fatigue. Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers!

I've been on top of things enough in the last couple days to actually complete a project! I have a niece (3) and nephew (1) who will be having birthdays soon, and their mom requested some stuffed toys like this cat I made Riley several months ago. Unfortunately, when I made the cat, I didn't use a pattern, so I had to "remake" a new pattern for the new ones, and the proportions came out a little differently. But they're still cute, in that handmade sort of a way!


A few of you have asked about my potential book project with the news of my pregnancy. As of right now, we are still going to go ahead with things. In fact, my proposal will be presented next Friday, so keep me in your thoughts for that!

And finally, I want to put in a plug for my great friend Tonia Davenport. She will be teaching a class at Art & Soul Portland in October, and she really needs some students! The class is on alternative framing for your artwork. She shows how to make some really unique frames that not only enhance your artwork, but become part of the piece itself. Her ideas will really open some doors for displaying your artwork. Even if you can't make her class, she has a book on the subject as well. In fact, this is where I got the idea for the photoframes that I make!

Oh, and speaking of my photoframes, I need to put out a "LAST CALL" warning. In a couple weeks, all my existing frames will be going to a new coffeeshop that my sister is opening in FL. So they will no longer be available on my website. In the future I will be adding more, but if there's one you've been eyeing, go ahead and snatch it up, because it won't be available for long!

6 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...

What lovely stuffies! Look at those big eyes!

Tonia's book and class look great. Thanks for bringing her to our attention :)

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better...Will be thinking about you on friday...so exciting!

Ouissi x

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Also, I'm glad you're feeling better. It's not nice to feel dizzy & tired :(

Anonymous said...

I love your frames and the animals are so cute! I am kind of afraid to post here...the pregnancy thing is not contagious is it? =)

Rosa said...

You're pregnant!!! How wonderful! (Except feeling crummy.) Joy!! Hope you feel better soon. I love your little stuffies. Soo cute. Take care of yourself and enjoy this time.

kathy welsh said...

Corey, Congratulations on your happy news! Hope you're feeling even better today.

I just got back from France a couple of days ago, so am just getting back to the computer....