Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

North Carolina Loot

Well, I've exhausted most of the antique shops near my parents' house, and here's what I've got to show for it!  Lots of great stuff that I'll have to find room for back at my house!!

I'm most excited about this dollhouse.  Whereas my other recent dollhouse purchase was for the front of the house, this one is for the inside of the house.  I'm not too crazy about the red brick exterior, but oh, those colors on the inside!!!

Swoon!  Such gorgeous colors!  This is actually a pressed board house vs. a tin one, so as you can see, the second floor's a little warped.  But I'm actually considering taking out the dividers altogether, and just hanging it as a large shelf.  We'll see..


And here is my other pile of treasures. A couple more dolly beds, a couple more dollies, a tin refrigerator, a pink stroller, and a few more miscellaneous goodies.

Funny enough, the stroller is the exact same style as this one I already have, but in pink, and missing the canopy.  However, I prefer the pink to the red!

Everything I purchased was really inexpensive, too!  I think the most I spent was $19 on the dollhouse, so I'm excited about that as well!

I'm here for a few more days (poor hubby is working this whole time...), and I may try to squeeze in a few more shopping trips if I can.  I'll let you know if I find anything good!


P.S.  Several of you have asked recently how I edit my photos.  It's really simple.  I use Picnik.com, and under "Create", I apply the "Cross Process" effect at around 50%.  Sometimes I mess with the brightness or contrast or other things, but the "Cross Process" is what gives that nice aged look!



7 comments:

Peggy Parker said...

I had a dollhouse like that one when I was little! And that same book! Adorable finds!

Laura Tringali Holmes said...

I like your shelf idea. That way all those wonderful colors will be at eye-level.

Daniele Valois said...

That house is wicked, and you are always killing me with pictures with those little blue shoes! :D

Color Land said...

Love all your finds! Specially the doll house, oh my .......the colors are beautiful, i had a similar doll house like that one when i was 5 or 6! Love it!!!!!
Your pictures are wonderful!!!

Sara Sophia said...

I'm so jealous my teeth hurt :D

Not even kidding.

I would LOVE to be your thrifting buddy!!

--Sara Sophia

My Vintage Mending said...

Corey I could oh and ah here for hours. These are lovely. The kiddos and the vintage goodies. I can't wait to read through all the back posts. Thanks for stopping over...smiles....Renee

sew grown said...

Good finds! I love the doll house but your hubby is going to kick you out soon and make you live in one if you keep it up. Maybe I could take one off your hands;) I was just about to e-mail you and see how you did your photos. Thanks for the tip. They look fantastic!