Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

I Think I'm Ready For a Support Group Now...

I need another vintage dollhouse like I need a hole in my head.  I mean, honestly!  (yes, those are three separate links...)  But I am just physically unable to pass one up if it's sweet and cheap!  Although this is one that I probably should have left at the store...

While it may look pretty cute now, there was a LOT of work to be done to this house!  There are holes drilled throughout which housed Christmas lights (maybe it was used as a holiday display?). The bottom floor walls are the same as I found them (tolerable for now), but the top floor walls and roof were covered in tacky country/cutesy 80's wallpaper and stickers.  And boy, did someone use some good glue to put it all on!  I spent hours scraping at it with a razor blade, and still didn't get it completely off.  But now, it's coming together.  I used some scrapbook paper to redo the upstairs walls, and will probably add some curtains as well.

The floors are as they came, and it's one of the things that sold me on the house!  Such cute pink and blue patterns!

And really, it does look so cute in the playroom, doesn't it? This house seems fairly durable, so I'm going to give it a go, and let the kids play with it. The boys' superheroes have checked it out, and hopefully Avery will find some fun with it as well.

And now, about furniture.... Strangely, as many dollhouses as I have, I really have almost no furniture! So I guess that will be my next task...!

3 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Corey this is perfect. Look at the red! It was meant for this spot. So glad you bought it so I didn't have to! smiles...Renee

Daniele Valois said...

Ha! I think you do! hehe. I love all your finds! And about the journals in post below, I think 5 is a great age to stop at. Now you can enjoy finishing up Avery's and continue on with the new!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Do I dare admit how many dollhouses I own? (At least 7...maybe more). The last two purchases were in July at my favorite antique market. Renee (Vintage Mending) and I are constantly teasing each other on our doll house acquisitions.

I'm so addicted to miniature houses, I even made a haunted castle for my five year to play with at Halloween. It's on the blog this week. Just let me know when you're setting up the support group schedule. I'll be there.