Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

A Couple Journal Spreads

First of all, let me thank all of you for your great response to our first Lil' Vintage Story Book linky party!  Sounds like lots of you will be joining us next week as well-hurray!  I can't wait to see all the vintage illustrations!

So I thought I'd pop in and show you my two latest journal spreads for the kids. The lighting was not the greatest when I shot them, so they unfortunately aren't as crisp as I'd like, but you get the idea!

The above is in Noah's book.  He is such a shy little boy- he went for close to a year without speaking to any adults other than family members, even at school.  I can definitely relate, as I was extremely shy when I was younger as well.  But he's slowly coming out of his shell.  This school year, he has begun talking to his teachers, and we are so proud of him!

And the above is about Avery turning into a little girl.  She certainly isn't a baby anymore!  But she's at a really fun age.  The things she does and says constantly keep us entertained.  Although I could do without the tantrums...! 

Hope you're all doing well as we move further into fall.  Here in Florida, it's very exciting because we have finally been able to pull out the long pants, sweaters, and boots!  In fact, this morning I took photos of Avery for Little Vintage Style wearing her first long-sleeved vintage dress!  Of course, by this afternoon, we'll be peeling off the layers because it will be back up to 75 degrees, but it's fun in the mornings to be bundled up!


1 comment:

A bird in the hand said...

Yay! Artwork. Love seeing the sweetie-pies' journals.
Not many people own journals that their mom made for them when they were growing up. What a precious gift.