Pages

Friday, November 04, 2011

Lil' Vintage Story Books #3


Welcome to another edition of Lil' Vintage Story Books, where we share our favorite illustrations and stories from our vintage bookshelves!

This week I'd like to show you a real favorite in our house.  Whereas some vintage books may be hard for modern kids to relate to, this book really translates into our time as well, and my kids love it!

It's called the Big Tidy-Up, is written by Norah Smaridge, and illustrated by Les Gray.  The copyright is 1970.  It's a story about a little girl who hates cleaning her room, so her mother lets her keep it a mess.  But, of course, it becomes so messy that it's not fun anymore, so she decides to clean it up in the end.

The illustrations are just so cute and whimsical, but in a sophisticated kind of way, you know?  I love the color pallette throughout the book.

 
 You just know you'd snatch up that vintage sheet if you saw it at the thrift store or an estate sale!




Thanks for stopping by!  If you'd like to join in, grab a button to the right and link up below!


















6 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

The colors and the fabric selections in the book are so delightful. I love her hair too. What a fun book.

My Vintage Mending said...

Corey all week long I have just thoroughly enjoyed every post. Thanks for hosting another treasure. Smiles...Renee

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, this is so wonderful! I collect vintage children's books and would love to take part next week! I'm so excited to find you after visiting the Little Red Hen! I love this precious book! ♥

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Corey,

I just found you through Renee, at My vintage mending, and I'd like to follow you.......but I can't find any gadget to sign into. How can I become a follower?

Hugs,
Meri

magie said...

What a sweet book. I love the colours and the patterns. I found your through 'The little Red Hens' Blog, I would love to take part next week..it sounds like fun!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this one! It reminds me so much of the books of my childhood (I am a 1970's kid)and her hair is just fabulous!