Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ask Me Anything....


Sometimes I get questions from you guys about various things, and I try to respond directly to you.  But I thought maybe it was time to do a question/answer sort of thing here, if anybody has any questions they haven't asked me before!  It can be about anything- my collections, my artwork, my kids, my book, thrift-shopping (I'm an expert, if I do say so myself!), Avery's vintage clothes, my studio, my house, etc.  I always enjoy reading these sorts of posts on other blogs, so thought you may enjoy it here!

I'll start the ball rolling with this question from Kortney.  (Kortney, I didn't have a way to respond directly to you, so I'll post your question here...)  She asked:

Where do you find all your dolls and doll goodies. After 20long years my husband and I had our beautiful baby girl. She is 4 now and loves vintage things and babiy doll. I have Bren looking for vintage dolls for her room but I can't find any. Do you have any hints?

*I'd say about half of the vintage dolls I have are from when I was young.  My sisters, mother, and I used to "collect dolls", and I held onto the ones that were the nicer ones.  The others I've gotten from mostly antique stores and Ebay.  I really don't consider myself a  serious doll collector, but I do pick up ones that I think are cute from time to time.  Vintage dolls can be so expensive, and I don't even want to get serious, because I don't have enough money!


So, ask away!  I'd love to see what you guys are wondering!


4 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Have you always collected/saved the vintage goodies? This photo is magical...smiles...Renee

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hi Corey! Hmmm... here are a couple of questions:

1. Will you be writing another book? (I really loved your first one!)

2. How do you keep all your supplies organized and pretty? (I'm working on that right now at my house..it's all scatted in boxes and bins in different rooms!)

Michelle

Daniele Valois said...

Oh thank you for your sweet comment. The foursome was sparked by the work Summer for a challenge and I just had to made ice cream, and then I just had to make the girls with it. I love how styrofoam looks when I use it for ice cream!

Now you are making me really want to start Project Life. Did you get her kit? I am worried about the expense. I think that is why I have not started.

My question, is how did you start out and end up with a book deal? It is so amazing! I just love being published, and I think I am going to submit a lot of art this year, but not sure where I am going really. Just finding my own style and such!

I cannot wait for your project life post. It would be fun to find others that are doing it and then doing a link party to share once a week or something!!!

oh one more question, and sorry I am all over here, but are your doing PL for your current year? Are you caught up? I am thinking of starting off where I left off with scrapbooks, however, it is not current and I worry it wouldn't be as effective. I think the point is to work on it current and have all your thoughts and fun extras...

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

Just wanted to stop by and say "Hi" I found your blog through a kinda round about way, but I'm glad I did!! I pinned your little twin dolls last week, and lo and behold, here they are! I had no idea! Anyway, I posted a picture of a pair of my little twins a couple of Rednesdays ago, come on over and take a peek if you get the chance! ~Deanna