Pages

Friday, February 03, 2012

Lil' Vintage Story Books #15


Welcome again to Lil' Vintage Story Books, where we share our favorite vintage children's books!



I really love today's book.  It's "Time for Everything" by Norah Smaridge, illustrated by Sharon Kane, published in 1972.  I found this book while doing a search on Norah Smaridge, who also wrote this book.   I love the way she writes- her prose reads so smoothly, but with a such a nice rhythm! 

 This is a sweet, sweet book explaining what sorts of things you can do in certain amounts of time.

 The things she chooses to illustrate the amounts of time are just perfect for children to understand!

 Love this little girl drawing a cat!

 Wow!  Three sandwiches!  Go, Susan!

 None of our playground have jungle gyms anymore- my boys would LOVE one of those!

 The kids like hearing about all the animals who are doing things while they're sleeping!



Thanks for stopping by! If you'd like to join in, grab a button to the right and link up below!


3 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

This is such a well written poetry book. All the girls hair done up so cute too. But you are right that jungle gym I remember spending hours climbing to the top each recess. Smiles....Renee

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such sweet pictures. Just like Renee mentioned, the girls hairstyles are just adorable. Recess is definitely Josie's favorite time of the day.

MissShapes said...

I love little boys in knee socks...why did that trend go away? Knee socks should be for everyone! Hehe.
I've never come across this book before but it is super cute...I'm going to be keeping my eyes out for it when I thrift! :-)