Pages

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

The Ever-Evolving Chalkboard

I got this large school-room chalkboard at a thrift store.  You may remember it from Riley and Noah's room tour a few years ago. I've always loved it, but the kids just have never really been too interested in drawing on it, as much as I've tried to encourage them.  It's hung in a few different places in the house, but it's usually just been a big black rectangle on the wall.
 
 I'd finally had enough of the sad, blank chalkboard, so a couple months ago, I decided to do this!
 
 I used a chalkboard marker, and wrote out a favorite quote.
 
This is definitely a sentiment that I (as well as the kids) need to be reminded of daily!
 
 I hung it up in a hallway off of our family room so that we could see it every day.
 
As you can see, I also added some décor to the top of the chalkboard.  These are pieces from the dollhouse I showed you in this post. I'd taken it apart (to make room for more, of course!), but I love the graphics so much, I wanted to still see them!
 
 Doesn't everyone have dollhouse walls hanging in their hallway?
 

So now I feel like this chalkboard is living up to its full potential, finally!  And hopefully, reading the quote every day will help my family live up to our full potential as well!
 
Hope you're all enjoying the wonderful fall weather these days- I know we are down in Florida- it's finally becoming bearable to go spend some time outside!  I have lots to show you guys coming up- a studio (semi) re-model, a couple more dollhouse tours, new scrapbook pages, and I'm sure some things I'm forgetting, too! 
 
 


4 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Loving the placement and quote but the dollhouse walls on the top are perfect!!! Can't wait for the studio tour and more Dollhouse happenings.

Gail said...

Wow, what a beautiful quote.....it looks perfect on your chalkboard.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

It's a perfect spot and a great reminder! I have a chalkboard that I love, but I don't always write on it because I can't do hand lettering as pretty as yours! The doll house pieces above are such a fun idea! You can still see them but they aren't taking up space. I love your creative decorating ideas and I love all the color you use. I like the look of low color that is so in style right now, but what my heart happy is color and more color. And vintage and cute too,so of course I always love your home!
Michelle xo

elizabeth ann clawson said...

That is so beautiful! Who would of thought to put dollhouse walls up, I love them!!